If you’re a blueberry lover you’ll love this sweet cake! It’s naturally flavored and colored, made with both fresh and freeze dried blueberries. It’s filled with a sweet blueberry compote and wrapped in a delicious, fluffy blueberry buttercream. It’s a tender layer cake that’s sure to impress! And if you want to know How to Make Blueberry Cakes at Home? You can find the complete recipe of Blueberry Cakes
This blueberry cake is easy to make with a simple batter that’s full of fruit. It’s lightly scented with lemon zest and lemon peel, which complements the blueberries perfectly. It’s a great dessert or breakfast treat!
Steps to Make Blueberry Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Lightly grease and flour two 8″ round cake pans.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add the butter, one tablespoon at a time, mixing well after each addition. In a separate bowl, combine the milk and egg whites. Add a third of the flour mixture to the egg yolks, beating well after each addition. Repeat with the remaining flour and milk mixtures, alternating between them and scraping down the bowl as needed.
- Add the fresh and frozen blueberries and lemon juice to the batter. Fold gently to combine, being careful not to crush the blueberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared pans and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool the cakes in their pans on a wire rack before frosting and decorating.
- This simple and tasty cake is the perfect way to enjoy a summer day! It’s moist and flavorful, with the sweetness coming from the fresh berries and a hint of vanilla. It’s easy to put together, making it a quick and easy choice for a casual dinner party or brunch with friends.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder. Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. In a separate bowl, combine the egg, milk, and vanilla. Add a third of the flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Add the rest of the flour and stir just until moistened.
- If you’re using frozen blueberries, you can just toss them in a little flour and fold them into the batter. It’s important not to overmix the batter or the blueberries will sink to the bottom of the cake.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Spray or grease a bundt pan with cooking spray.
How to Decorate Blueberry Cakes
When decorating a cake with blueberries, it is best to use fresh if available. Frozen berries can also work well but will tend to drip and make the cake more messy. If using fresh berries, try to pick out the ones that are the largest and brightest. These will stand out the most on the finished cake.
Tossing the berries in flour before folding into the batter helps prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the pans when baked. You can also add a little bit of red food coloring to the frosting to create a more vibrant purple color that matches the berries in the cake (it’s optional).
In a large bowl beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar on medium speed until creamy, about 2-3 minutes. Slowly add the rest of the ingredients, mixing on low to combine. Once everything is combined, increase speed to medium high and whip until soft peaks form. Add the blueberry puree and mix to combine. If desired, strain the frosting to remove any excess liquid – this is optional but helps prevent the frosting from becoming too runny.
The frosting can be prepared a day or two ahead and stored in the fridge until ready to assemble the cake. If refrigerated, make sure the frosting is well chilled to help it whip up better.
Assemble the cakes by placing one layer on a cake plate or serving platter and evenly spreading 1 cup of the whipped frosting over the surface. Top with half of the blueberry compote. Place the next layer on top and spread another 1 cup of frosting over the surface. Place the remaining layer on top and frost the entire cake with a thin layer of frosting to serve as a crumb coat. This is not necessary but helps trap any crumbs from the sides of the cake and keeps the blueberry curd from leaking down the side of the cake. Chill until the crumb coat is set, about 30 minutes.
Buy Blueberry Cakes Online | Same Day Cake Delivery
A birthday cake makes a wonderful dessert for any occasion, but a luscious blueberry treat is especially great to send to someone who has a love of the fruit. Fortunately, there are a lot of options to make it easy for anyone to have a cake delivered right to their door.
For those who want to make it quick and easy, a service like Flora Sensations might be the best choice. The company partners with bakery and florist stores to deliver Cakes & Flowers to your home within hours of placing an order. We use your ZIP code to assess local availability and pricing, and it includes specialty stores.
If you prefer to go with a traditional supermarket option, many locations of Whole Foods Market offer a variety of baked goods that can be shipped right to your home. The selection varies depending on the location, but typically includes items such as cupcakes, pies, and cakes. You can also order ahead online for pickup at a later time.
Type Of Blueberry Cakes to Deliver
You can find a good variety of delicious cakes at Flora Sensations we serve several dozen different varieties that are both Eggless or With egg. Some of the most popular options include a Red Velvet, Chocolate Cake, Strawberry Cakes, and Vanilla Cake. Prices start at just ₹499 for a six-inch cake.
If you’re looking for a blueberry cake for an occasion other than a birthday, try the Chocolaty Wall for Blueberry from Flora Sensations. It’s sure to satisfy both your budget and the taste buds of any dessert critics in your house.
If you are looking for a more unique flavor, you can also get a yoghurt-based blueberry cake from Flora Sensations. This scrumptious variety is topped with zingy homemade lemon curd and a sprinkling of fresh blueberries. This delicious cake can be ordered to celebrate any occasion, such as a wedding anniversary, a birthday, or a housewarming party. It’s a great gift for any foodie friend or loved one.